Monday, January 14, 2013

Germs...GRRRRRRR

I will be the first to admit I'm a control freak!
I'd like to think I have control over most things in my life...however the one thing I cannot control are germs!

Influenza, the puking flu and nasty colds have taken over the town of Williamsburg..I swear!
I'm the crazy mom that hasn't taken her kids anywhere and if I don't have to go anywhere myself I do not!
I've avoided the local grocery store for fear of germs!

Sunday morning rolled around and we were getting ready for church.  I'll admit I did not want to go but decided we better...what better place for me to pray to keep all the germs away;)
During mass we do "peace" where we shake each others hands and say "peace".  Well our priest announced before church if we do not want to touch other people then just nod your head!
So....I just nodded my head!

Fast forward to late Sunday night into Monday morning....
Cash was up every hour on the hour crying and moaning.  He has a nasty cold and we've been doing breathing treatments.  I think he was just clogged up and couldn't rest.

This morning he drank his milk fine and ate his breakfast.
I had 2 daycare girls here and I was getting Cash dressed for the day (sometimes we're a bit late doing this!).  Out of nowhere he puked all over the floor and myself!
My first thought....OH SHIT!!!
Not only can I not take another day unpaid but I do NOT want to deal with this (like anyone does!).
I contacted all the families and they quickly came and got their kids!

I was quickly reminded of Charloette from Sex And The City when she's cautious about not drinking the water on vacation and she accidentally does in the shower.
Seems like the most cautious (or bat shit crazy) ones get sick!

So it's been 3 hours since he last puked and he's eaten toast and drank water.  He's kept all that down!  I'm hoping it's not the flu and just flem from his nasty cough.
Only time will tell....

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment