Tuesday, June 25, 2013

No Power!!!

Bad storms started late Sunday night into Monday morning.
We had a slumber party of 4 after we got the boys calmed down from the lightening and thunder!
{Not gonna lie...I jumped at a few of those cracks of thunder!}

When we have slumber parties I don't always sleep the best!
So I was tired to start out the day on Monday.

Around 9:45am our lights went out and they kept flickering so I figured they'd come on shortly...
...4 hours later they came back on!

The kids were rowdy and wild and our whole morning was thrown off with no power.

I have a sweet little baby here who is the best baby ever...except Monday:(
She was teething and felt miserable.
So on top of wild kids, no electricity, checking our sump-pump I had to deal with a fussy baby.

Lunch time was interesting!  I couldn't warm the babies food or bottles up!!
The older kids had PB & jelly, popcorn puff and applesauce!

Travis was worried about our basement also so he kept calling and texting me to check the sump-pump.
He finally came home around noon to hook the generator up...and we were due for a severe storm.
I don't do storms well and he knows that!!
I can pull myself together for the kids but it's always nice when he's here!

He was wheeling the generator to the hook-up spot and all the lights came on in the house!!

I got everyone down for naps and the severe storm rolled in :(
Everyone woke up and I only had 2 kids nap.

The storm was initially a tornado warning but they canceled the warning before it got here....THANK GOD!

I had a spray tan party last night so I took off shortly after daycare kids left and returned  home around 9pm to an ice cold Bud Light:)

Today is a new day and we are starting the week over...because I said so!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment